Kristen and Dakota's Interview With TeenHollywood

These are just excerpts of the interview from TeenHollywood. Mostly Kristen parts...

TeenHollywood: How hard was it for you guys to do the "love" scene together?
Kristen: (laughs) Love scene...

TeenHollywood: Well, kissing scene. You two have great chemistry now but was that awkward at first? That's not something we've seen from either of you in earlier roles.
Kristen: I've never made out with a chick before (Dakota laughs). I mean it was only one scene. Literally a day. In the script it's a really fleeting thing. It was also written very abstractly and vaguely. It was like 'did they (kiss)?' Yeah, they did. And I feel like it was that way for them too. The fact that it's been called a love scene or (people say) 'tell us about your romantic involvement'. It's like 'what?'

TeenHollywood: Did you have to improvise? Did you just have fun with that scene? Kristen: (teasing voice) Oh yeah! (Dakota laughs).

Dakota: I think it's something that just happened. I don't know if they've even talked about it since. It's just a thing and in the script it was just another thing. It wasn't that big of a deal.

TeenHollywood: Kristen, can you talk about working with Joan to get your character down? Was that hard. She's bigger than life it seems.

Kristen: She is bigger than life. That's true and you get that from both Cherie and Joan. I don't know if it's because I know them well but you look at pictures and footage and it's like 'gosh, I'm sure it's because I know them and I know their dynamic, I can see what's going on in these pictures. Whereas, before, they may have just looked really cool. They just looked awesome.
This is the most important time of her life. She's got a huge fanbase and she's like the Godmother of rock 'n roll, literally, she was the first woman to start her own record label. She's a daunting figure to play. Then, you know her and you're like 'wow, you're so full of weird, little tics'. I've got tics but they're all different tics from hers. She's very idiosyncratic. She's got all these little things. (Dakota makes a funny face and wiggles her hands around)

Dakota: All these little things. (laughter).

Kristen: So there you go. It was fun. She's probably one of the most rich, vivid and dynamic people I know.

TeenHollywood: Kristen, your guitar playing is great in this. (she makes a 'no it's not' face). Well, it seemed to be.

Kristen: I played along.

Read the rest of the article at TeenHollywood