Kristen's Interview with People. Prefers Darker Hair and Trying Out a Lighter Diet for Vampire Bella

People After dyeing her hair strawberry blonde this summer for her role in On The Road, Kristen Stewart has gone to the dark side, returning to her natural brown hair color. “I was blonde a little while ago,” Stewart told PEOPLE on the red carpet at the Cinema Society and Everlon screening of her film Welcome to the Rileys on Monday. “So now I’m dark again for Twilight,” she said, adding, “I feel much more myself with darker hair.” 

Director Jake Scott, who directed Stewart in Welcome to the Rileys, said he kept Stewart’s chestnut color for the movie. “She came from Twilight onto our film within the space of two weeks. I liked it, and we kept it. But we let it grow horrible and shaggy and let the split ends come out.” But as Stewart prepares for Bella’s Vampire incarnation in Twilight, she’s had to give up some unhealthy habits she picked up on the set of Welcome to the Rileys. “She ate badly, smoked tons of cigarettes, stayed up late,” Scott said. “She embraced the habitual nature of the character.”

So Stewart is currently testing a lighter diet. “Well, it’s kind of embarrassing,” she told PEOPLE. “But I’m playing a vampire soon. I eat disgustingly normally. And so, right now, I’m trying to not put so much butter in my food and stuff like that.” And is the diet working? “Yeah, yeah,” she answered “I feel better . . . I guess so.”


That's why she is slimmer now. She is toning for vampire Bella.